In Central Otago, we quite often experience all four seasons in one day! The weather changes fast and reaches extremes – very hot and very cold! It is best to pack lots of layers so you can strip down or layer up as the weather changes.
We recommend the following essential items:-
- Lightweight & waterproof jacket & leggings
- Walking or running shoes suitable for cycling
- Layers of merino or polypropylene
- Lightweight merino or fleece jacket
- Padded cycling shorts
- Cycling Gloves
- T-shirts for fine weather
- Swimming Togs in summer
- Casual clothing for evening dining & relaxing
- Sunscreen & Lip Balm
- Toilet Paper for use in the Trailside Eco-Toilets
- Antihistamine (especially during spring as there is a lot of pollen about!)
- Small first aid kit.
- Head Torch (the torch on your phone makes a good alternative)